What information do we collect?
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address of a business you are checking into
- Time you have checked in
Why do we collect this information?
We only collect your personal information that you submit in order to:
- Allow registered businesses to keep a record of who has visited their premises
- Businesses can see visitor records for up to four weeks at which time the records are hidden and will be removed from the database in another 4 weeks.
- Only owners of businesses registered with Us can see contact information of individuals that checkin to said business.
- Businesses not registered with Covid Register will not have individuals data shared with them
- Businesses must only use visitor information for health and safety record keeping. Data is not to be used for marketing purposes.
- Allow you as a user to keep a record of where you visited. Your records will be visible for up to four weeks at which time the records are hidden and will be removed from the database in another 8 weeks.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
If you check in a guest, you must have their permission to enter their data. If you do not, we recommend that you add them as a dependent. This will show someone was with you but will not record any personal information about them.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit, or access your personal information.
- Application is hosted in a New Zealand based datacentre.
- Database injection protection to stop malicious data being inserted into the database
- Cookie protection to stop possible tampering
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) Protection
- Cross-Site Scripting Protection
- Password and sensitive data encryption
- All communication to the application is over an encrypted HTTPS connection
- Datacentre is based in Auckland, New Zealand
- Biometric & RFID security systems ensuring authorised access
- 24/7 camera monitoring of facility entrances and server rooms
- Multiple HVAC units produce a climate controlled environment and optimised airflow distribution for optimal hardware performance and lifetime
- Redundant parallel UPS and auto-start backup generator with standby diesel ensuring continuous supply of power
- Redundant A+B Power Distribution Units (PDU) ensuring continuous power supply inside cabinets
- Secure buildings with double layer concrete and steel mesh wall structure
- Standard 19"/1m deep individually locked cabinets
- Modern Fire detection & suppression system
- Exhaustive backup processes in off-site location
- Operate our own network and extensive peering
- Top of the line hardware with 24/7 engineer on call with access
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may be required to release your information to your Ministry of Health or equivalent for the purposes of contact tracing or when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website and software.
This policy was last modified on 07 July 2020
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us.